Friday, June 26, 2009

Road Trip Part 4

*Editor's Note: For some reason I cannot switch the order of my posts to put Part 1 of our trip at the beginning, so it might be worthwhile to scroll down a little and start at the beginning with the first Road Trip post. Sorry!

Day three of our journey, and it was time to pack up and make the drive back home! We loaded up the goodies Reuben gave us from Bookman's (a great bookstore/entertainment store where he works) and we were off!

We soaked in the Arizona desert scenery one last time.



Anyone who has ever driven into Arizona has probably seen all the little Navajo jewelry stands set up along the highway on the reservations. Well, with my birthday a little less than a week away, I convinced my parents to get me some "authentic" Indian jewelry! (It didn't take much convincing--they asked what I wanted, I told them, they said okay!)



Our next stop was at the Glen Canyon Dam (Lake Powell) where we stretched our legs and took a few more photos.






Jack was happy for any chance he got to get out of the car!


We stopped in Page, AZ for a quick lunch. Then it was on to Moqui Cave! This was another quick stop since we didn't want to pay the $5 admission to the museum. We got a couple pictures at least!


Our final stop before reaching our destination was a little drive-in in Panguitch, UT. When I was working at Panguitch Lake a few years ago, I would drive into town every now and then and get an ice cream sundae at Henrie's Drive In.


To this day, it is still the best ice cream sundae I've had!


By the end of our trip we had spent a good portion of our time in the car, but we still had a great time. I can't wait for our next summer adventure!

No comments: