Friday, June 26, 2009

Road Trip Part 2

After a fun drive through southern Utah and into Arizona, we made it to Flagstaff. I can see why my brother Reuben likes living here. It's a beautiful mountain forest town stuck right in the middle of the Arizona desert!

We met up with the family and walked around downtown on our first night in Flagstaff. My parents, my three brothers, my sister-in-law, and Spencer and I were all together for the first time.




After a great dinner of tacos, tamales, and burritos, it was game time at our hotel rooms. We can't have a family gathering without playing games! It was also time to relax and rest for our big day tomorrow.


Day two started out with our main goal of the trip - to take a family photo. The last family photo we had taken was at the SLC airport when my younger brother got home from his mission. It was not a great photo, so we were all glad to take a new one!

We drove up to a beautiful meadow outside Flagstaff to find a spot for the picture.



After a few different tries, we ended up with a great family portrait!


Once our mission was accomplished we took a short hike on one of the trails.



We hadn't gone very far when we decided to turn around and get some lunch. Jack was not happy about this decision and laid down in the middle of the trail when we started walking back down. He did not want to leave. It was so funny!


We ate lunch at a cute little creperie, mostly because the sign told us to. (And also because we LOVE crepes, thanks to my dad and his French influence!)


We saw a little more of downtown Flagstaff, where I happened to run across a very brave butterfly! I think I could have just picked it up and taken it home, it let me get so close!


Of course, a trip to Flagstaff wouldn't be complete without a picture of a train! The train tracks run right through the city, and trains are coming and going all the time. Choo choo!

No comments: