Friday, June 26, 2009

Road Trip Part 1

We just got back from a family trip to Flagstaff, AZ to visit my oldest brother, Reuben. I took a bunch of pictures throughout the trip, so prepare yourself for an extremely lengthy blog post!

Let's start with the drive down to Flagstaff. My younger brother and his wife Jessica carpooled down with us for the 8 hour drive.


We kept ourselves busy by eating snacks and playing games like Jeopardy and a guessing game using our atlas to guess distances between cities. We also listened to some great music and comedy CD's. Brian Regan had us blithering, it was so funny!


We were having such a fun time that we missed one of our exits (oops!), and ended up taking the scenic route past Brian Head and Cedar Breaks National Monument to get to Hwy 89 from I-15. It was well worth the extra time!




Since we were in the area, we thought we would take one more little detour and drive past the BearPaw Lakeview Resort by Panguitch Lake, where I worked one summer as a waitress/housekeeper. I didn't take any photos, but it sure brought back some memories!

The scenery was really amazing on the drive down.


Even Jack appreciated the great views, and loved to stick his head out the back window when we slowed down for road construction!


Hooray for road trips!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Jamie said...

I remember the summer when you worked up at the resort. We even drove up and visited you. I am laughing about how crazy we were.