Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Maybe Next Time...

As we left the house and headed down the block, I thought for a second, hmmm, maybe we should bring our camera in case we see something cool. But since we've taken this little trail by our house many times, why would this time be any different?

So we (Spencer, Jack the dog, and I) continued on our evening walk. We made it out of the neighborhood and were heading down the wilderness trail, when Spencer and I noticed something laying on the trail ahead. It was fairly large, and at first I thought it might be a dead deer. We walked a little closer until the thing started moving. It was a porcupine! A big one! We called Jack over to us and put his leash on while the porcupine slowly walked off the trail and into the bushes.

I should have brought the camera.

We continued walking along and were joined by about a million dragonflies! Okay, maybe not a million, but they sure seemed to be everywhere! On the way back down, three F-16's flew overhead. Right above us in the blue evening sky.

I really should have brought the camera.

No comments: