Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"So, ... what do you DO all summer?"

As a teacher, I get asked this question a lot. I may not wake up early every morning and spend the day teaching a bunch of six and seven year olds, but I do stay pretty busy.

Here is a quick sampling of how I have been spending some of my time.

First, I love going for walks with my dog Jack.


I can walk from our house, down a couple neighborhood streets, and right onto a great single track trail. It is mostly shaded with trees and has a bunch of wildflowers everywhere.


After about two and a half miles the trail leads to this little bridge.


It's a great way for me to get a little exercise, and of course Jack LOVES it!

A good portion of Spencer's and my time has been spent running from one family event to the next. We spent the 4th of July in Fillmore with my family. What a great small-town parade!


My cousing surprised us on the way home from the parade festivities. He was perched on my parents porch like a gargoyle! I was very impressed with how long he stayed there, motionless and with that gargoyle expression on his face!


Speaking of family, we had a surprise party for my Grandma's birthday in mid-July. I even made a cake!


Spencer's side of the family has kept us busy too. We went with his brother's family and parents to a Salt Lake Bees game a few days ago. It was my first professional baseball game. It was fun!


Sometimes I spend my time "supervising" Spencer. He has been working a lot on the cars. He washed, waxed, and buffed my car the other day while I watched. Okay, I did help a little.


And just now, Spencer and I got back from a quick walk around the neighborhood with the dog. Waiting for us on the front porch was this huge, disgusting bug.


I didn't want to get close to it, so Spencer put his foot there to get a size comparison while I took the picture. Yuck!

Now we're planning our next adventure, which you will here about in a few days. I love summer vacation. I really love summer vacation. A lot.

2 comments:

Rachel Ashmore said...

AMEN, sista'!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

That sounds like one busy and fun summer vacation!