Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to the Beginning

The first real post on our blog was about our trip to the Uintahs last summer. Well, I guess it's been a whole year, and now you get to endure another post about our annual camping trip.

I probably should have gone over the post we did last year so I'm not just repeating myself, but I'm not gonna! So here goes...

The drive out to our camp spot is so pretty! Here are some shots taken from out the window as we drove along.



As per tradition, we must always stop at the last available toilet before making our way into primitive camping. If I could change one thing about the trip, it would be to have some sort of toilet available where we camp. Oh well.


There was a big turn-out this year for the family reunion. Spencer and I are not technically a part of this wonderful family, but they let us come along anyway.

We're on the far right kneeling in the front.


We found a spot a little bit away from everyone else to set up our trailer.


Jack loved to run around in the field chasing "pot-guts." I had never heard of pot-guts before. I guess they're sort of like ground hogs or something.


Here is how Spencer spent most of his time:

deep thinker


guns, guns, guns!

discussing the best strategies to catch fish

And here's how I spent my time:

helping the little ones

taking pictures (those guns are LOUD!!)

so many pretty wildflowers

We drove up to camp on Thursday evening and came home Saturday. As we packed up camp, both of us felt like we weren't quite ready to get back to civilized life, so we stopped at the top of Elizabeth Ridge for one final hike.






So long, until next year!

3 comments:

Michael Jolley said...

Maybe you should buy one of those camping toilet seats and buy a tarp and you could set up a bathroom.

Laurie said...

Next year - We'll have our camper trailer, you can certainly use the precious bathroom we have :)
And I really like your photography. I'd like to see all your pics. I love the one of my boys during shooting. I want a copy. Thanks again for visiting me. Too bad Greg never showed up. But you see enough of him, hehehe.

Laurie said...

You ARE part of the family!!! Any inference or statments to the contrary must be quickly dismissed as fodder (this is Greg).