Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BUCKLE UP!

I got a phone call last Friday night around 9:15 from my brother Michael. He said my parents had just been in a car accident near Tremonton, they were okay, but they needed to be picked up because their truck had been totaled.

Spencer and I jumped in the car and made the hour+ drive up to Tremonton. We picked my parents up at the hospital there and drove over to the tow truck company to get their luggage out of the truck. This is what we saw.



(passenger side door)


(view from inside the cab of the truck, looking toward the front windshield)

As they were driving up to Idaho for the weekend, my parents hit black ice and lost control of the truck. They fishtailed for a while before driving into the median and rolling one complete rotation. When the truck stopped moving, my mom and dad were able to climb out of the driver's side door and walk away. They are both a little stiff and sore, with a few minor nicks and scrapes. Looking at the pictures of the truck, anyone knows this could have been a much different post. Thank goodness for seat belts. Please everyone, wear your seat belts!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so Happy to hear your parents are safe. What a scary thing to have happen. The truck looks awful, it is a very good thing they were wearing their seat belts.

always loven life said...

I am so glad your parents are okay! How scary.

Harmony said...

Geez! those pictures totally freak me out!! I am so glad they were both ok...i couldnt imagine losing them!! :)