Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Part 1

I know it isn't quite Halloween yet, but I had a little down time and thought I should do a quick post about our first Halloween party of the year.

The night before the party, we were trying to come up with costume ideas. As we wandered aimlessly around WalMart, we passed by the boys section and saw these SpongeBob pajamas. These would be perfect!

Spencer is wearing boys size large, and mine are boys small. We went as twins who grew up overnight.

If we had known Sarah Palin was going to be there, maybe we would have dressed up a little more!


The big event at this party was the band performance. That's right, Spencer is in a rock band! His mom would be so proud that he is putting his cello skills to work. He actually plays the bass guitar in the band, which I guess is similar to the cello. He is very musical anyway, and could probably play any instrument given a little practice. He also sings a couple of songs.

Here's a shot of Spencer on the bass.


Here's the band performing. It was hard to get a good shot, because if I used the flash, you couldn't see the dim lights and disco ball, etc. If I didn't use the flash, everything was too dark. I don't remember what setting this was. The light was good, but it wouldn't focus very well.


His other band buddies are Greg (lead singer), Rick (guitar), Steve (guitar), and Ron (drums).

The Band

Most of what the band plays is 80's rock, since that is their generation of music. But they also have some more recent songs. The crowd favorite is always "Pop Goes My Heart" from the movie Music and Lyrics. Here's a link to the youtube video from the movie. click here

Spencer and Greg singing "Pop Goes My Heart"


Spencer sang "Guardian Angel" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. I think it's the perfect song for him because it shows off how melodic his voice is.

So cute!

I love Halloween!

2 comments:

Mark and Kristen said...

You finally gave up Wednesday Adams? I read an article about the HOWL about how they have implimented a dress code (Nobody who's near naked is admitted) and they're cracking down on alcohol. I thought of you and I thought of the celophane man.

Jamie said...

Wow a man of many talents. I didn't know Spencer was so musically talented. I love the p.j.'s what a fun idea.