Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween Part 2

Okay, so my first Halloween post was a little early, and this one is a little late. But I have a good excuse. . . Parent Teacher Conferences! (scary, intimidating music) Anyone who is a teacher can tell you how busy the week of conferences can be. First, we have to stay late before conferences to get grades and everything ready. Then we have to teach our normal school schedule, with two afternoons and evenings meeting with parents. It can be pretty exhausting.

Luckily, we have Friday off today to make up for the time spent after school. So now I can catch up on the blog!

Anyway, I dressed up as Super Teacher for my school Halloween costume. I had all the clothes already and made a little sign to pin on my shirt, so it was pretty easy to throw together at the last minute. The kids all seemed to like it too. One of the parents said I needed to glue some eyes to the back of my head to make it more realistic. Not a bad idea!

Don't you love the shoes?

Along with parent conferences, I also found the time to vote.


I thought about doing the early voting, but I always saw a big line of cars at the early voting place I pass by every day on the way to school. So I procrastinated, and at 7:00 p.m. Tuesday night I made my way to the polls. I must have been one of the few procrastinators in the area, because there were only a couple other voters there and plenty of volunteers and voting machines. I was in and out in five minutes!

Spencer has been such a big help this week, taking care of dinner and cleaning up the house. He is very thoughtful and lets me relax and be lazy when I need to. He's my favorite husband EVER!!
(I get that phrase from the first graders who say that I am their favorite first grade teacher ever. Quite a compliment, since I am also their ONLY first grade teacher!) But I am really lucky to have Spencer as my husband, and he really is super!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I completely understand the parent teacher conference, its a CRAZY week, and usually by the day of conferences my kids watched an "educational movie" so I could finish everything up. We have them from 4-9 p.m. two night in a row, and no days off :( But in year around schedule we didn't have the days to take off. That is one part of teaching I do not miss.

I was the same procrastinator with voting, I waited till the last day, but hey there were no lines. So it turned out just fine.

Unknown said...

Celeste welcome aboard to the world of blogging! I didn't know you taught 1st grade. I teach 3rd. How is life?

Spencer and Celeste said...

Good to hear from you Michelle! Your family is so cute. It's fun to see familiar Fillmore faces!

Unknown said...

I just logged onto my gmail account which I have totally forgot about and saw an email that you guys have a blog now. Shane and I wanted to hear or see video of Spencer and his band. Sounds like you guys are having fun. Life is great here in ID. Today they made a new Stake. It's the Ammon north stake. We are in it along with the 26th ward and everything between 1st & 17th from Ammon rd to 45th. The 11th ward isn't in our stake but we are still in the same building with them for now. Everyone is moving it feels like. The Prescotts are moving, the Woods moved, the Walkers moved. The list is big so I won't put it all down. Hope you don't mind if we check in on your blog once in awhile

Kimberly said...

When I left my previous comment I wasn't logged under our blog account so here's another comment with the right link.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Hey guys! I just saw your blog on the Wynns. I was so excited to find it. I love the halloween costumes, Celest you are still as cute as ever. How is everything? Teaching? Our blog is hayrob.blogspot.com