Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kids Say...

...the darndest things!  Here's a conversation that happened at school a few days ago.

One of my students said, “So, you’re just a mom who comes in and teaches us stuff.” I said no, I wasn’t a mom, I was a teacher. He said, “Yes you are a mom, I saw it.” I was confused about what he meant, then he explained by pointing at my purse by my desk. “You have a purse, so you’re a mom.” Trying not to laugh, I said, yes I had a purse, but that didn’t mean I was a mom. He looked at me for a minute, then said, “So you’re a gramma then.”

And then yesterday a girl in my class wrote the following story:


Translation:  "I know a teacher that teached students.  The students were happy that they were at school."

Too cute.

2 comments:

crystal said...

Thats too awsome Celeste! I can really picture you in a class room. And must be pretty good teacher in order to have a whole story written about you :)

Jamie said...

Celelste,
I know your a fabulous teacher and one day be an even better mother. That is so cute.