Tuesday, July 6, 2010

USA!

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day weekend.  I sure did!  



Friday night I attended my 10 year high school reunion.  It may not look like much of a turnout, but with 107 total in the graduating class, I guess it was not too bad.

 This shot doesn't include any spouses - just alumni.

Spencer had to work, so I rode down to Fillmore with my brother and his wife and went to the reunion by myself.  Spencer drove down Saturday morning in time to watch the end of the parade.


 My dad is in charge of the Fillmore Freedom Mile, a race he started over 20 years ago and continues to do every year in conjunction with the parade.  The First Annual FFM (Fillmore Freedom Mile) had just two participants - my uncle and my oldest brother.  It has grown a lot since then, and I always look forward to helping at the finish line.

After the race and parade, we all headed back to my parents' house to spend the rest of the day eating and playing games.


Doesn't it look so patriotic?

At dusk we headed to the ball park with our paper bags full of homemade popcorn to watch the fireworks.


 Fillmore puts on a great fireworks show.  I love this fun tradition!

2 comments:

Lisa S. said...

Looks like you had a good reunion turnout and had fun on the fourth. It makes me miss Keith. I wish he could have been there for both events. I always had fun when we would go to the Fillmore fireworks for the 4th.

Paul & Kaylene said...

Aw man! I am so jealous! Paul and I had to work, so we weren't able to go to Fillmore. I sure am homesick now!