Saturday, August 8, 2009

5 Years

We just celebrated our 5th Anniversary. That's right, number five! I can't believe we've been married for five years! In honor of our anniversary, I want to share five things I love about Spencer.

5. He can fix almost anything! From cars to electronics to furniture, Spencer is so persistent and knowledgeable about getting things to work well.

4. He doesn't give up and helps me push myself further than I would otherwise.

3. He cares about his and my health. He exercises, and without being pushy, motivates me to exercise.

2. He is great with kids. Nieces and nephews love to be around him. His patients' children are excited to have him come over and sad to see him leave. He can relate to children and make them feel comfortable.

1. He supports me spiritually, emotionally, and physically.

We have had our share of trials in these first five years of marriage, but with each trial that we have come across, we have been able to lift each other up and rely on one another for strength and support. We have grown closer together. And I don't worry about what might happen in the future, because I know that we will always have each other. It's cheesy, I know. But it's true.

Now to share a brief view of our fifth anniversary celebration!

I surprised Spencer by planning a trip to the Johnson Mill Bed and Breakfast in Midway, UT. We stayed here for the first two nights of our honeymoon, so it was nice to go back. We drove up early Thursday afternoon and left the next morning. It is such a peaceful place to go and relax and enjoy being married. Hopefully this will not be our last trip to the Johnson Mill.

We took a little canoe ride on the pond in the afternoon.



I loved the little touches that made everything seem more personal and special.

This is a view from the balcony attached to our room.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary! 5 years goes by fast!