Friday, August 1, 2008

Who's That Super Couple!?

I've had a few people asking about our Super Couple photo, so I guess I need to post about our awesome trip to Texas. We went with Spencer's family in April. Spencer's parents had initially arranged the trip for his youngest brother's wedding, but the wedding was cancelled after all the flights had already been arranged. Luckily, we all ended up having a BLAST anyway!!

We flew into Houston the first day and drove up to San Antonio. The following day was Spencer's birthday, and we all spent most of the day at Six Flags. It was so fun! I love roller coasters!

One of the rides was called the Superman ride. We loved it, and went on it at least 3 times. The capes were a great souvenir!

SUCH a fun ride!! Definitely one of our favorites!


While in San Antonio, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the Alamo. Since we were in a hurry, Spencer ran past the building and I snapped a quick photo. We also enjoyed a delicious dinner with the family on the Riverwalk.

If you look close, you can see him to the right of the door running past the little kid in black.

The next day was a long drive back to Houston and to the Space Center Houston. We took a tour of the grounds and got to see the real Mission Control Center, many space shuttles, capsules, etc.

Our tour guide explained that during an emergency, the flight director has more authority than the President of the United States!

This is the business end of the Saturn V rocket. This thing was HUGE!!

That evening we drove over to Galveston to see the Gulf of Mexico and all the cool old architectural buildings there.

Not the prettiest beach, but still fun to see!


This is an all-white Catholic church. We went inside and spoke with the . . . reverend, . . . pastor, . . . whoever was in charge of the day's mass.

Then it was off to the airport and back to Utah. Spencer and I both had a lot of fun bonding with his family during this trip!

3 comments:

Sara said...

It is fun to see you have a blog too! I love seeing what my family is doing! We loved the trip to Texas too and had so much fun with everyone!

Will Thomas said...

Welcome to the blogging world Superheros! Superman is one of my favorite rides at Six Flags! Looks like a fun trip!

Jamie said...

What a fun trip. I haven't been to the Alamo since I was little. I love seeing the updates! I love the superman cape.