Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fore!

Spencer bought me a nice set of golf clubs for my birthday in June, so we've been spending a few of our evenings hitting practice balls at an elementary school near our house.


Nice shot!



Don't miss!

This is also a great way to give Jack some exercise. He loves to run around and explore the area while we're hitting. There is often another dog or two around for him to play with.



We usually go out around 8:00 or 8:30, so the air is a little cooler, and hit until it gets too dark to find the balls.


Now, where did the ball go?

I always had an interest in golf, but never really enjoyed it because I had such a hard time hitting consistently. The clubs Spencer got for me have helped a lot! They have graphite shafts, so they're lighter and easier to swing. Thanks Spencer! I'm excited for the day when we can go to a course and play a round. We're hoping to find a time near the end of the summer to go with one of Spencer's brothers and his wife.
We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Will Thomas said...

was roomies with Spence for a few years, and I never knew he was a golfer. What a talented guy.

You need to teack jack to fetch your golf balls for you. That would be cool!

Mark said...

I agree with the above comment, you do need to teach Jack to get the golf balls.

Good Luck with your new hobbie, I always got bored after a few rounds of golf. I love the pics with your golves, visors, etc. because even if your not the best at hitting the ball yet, at least you look cute doing it.

always loven life said...

What an awesome b-day gift! You'll have to give me details on what kind you got. Clubs are on my list too. Great pictures, and we are totally jealous you can go to the elementary school and hit balls.