Monday, July 28, 2008

Uinta Trip

We just got back from a four day camping trip in the high Uintas. Our good friends, Greg and Laurie, go there every year with Greg's extended family. We are lucky enough to tag along!

For those of you who are familiar with the area, we drove up the Mirror Lake highway to Elizabeth Ridge, and then an hour driving on a very bumpy dirt road to the camp site.




We had a lot of fun in the cool mountain air! Spencer spent a few hours fishing and caught 18 fish! Of course, we only kept a couple.

I spent a lot of my time taking pictures. Here is a link to my photobucket page, where you can see more Uinta camping fun!




7 comments:

Laurie said...

Well let me be the first to comment! Good job, I like it. Cute background. I look forward to more updates!

always loven life said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! great post, and I love the pictures. Especially with spence holding the fish...what a great shot. Props to Spence for catching 16 fish. Mason wants to know how he did it?
I look forward to more posts of the life of Spencer and Celeste and Jack :-). Miss you guys and look forward to keeping in touch better.

Jamie said...

I am so happy you have a blog. I am an avid blogger and it's a great way to keep in touch. I have been a slacker of friend and not keep in touch, but now we can see what is going on in each others worlds.

Mark and Kristen said...

I've been a slacker of a friend too, but at least now I can say I know what you've been up to. Maybe someday we can see each other in real life, too!

Cobyflier said...

Looks like you guys had a great time up there. Wow! That fishing looked really fun!

Rachel Ashmore said...

Great picture of Spencer fishing!

So what is the story behind the "super couple" pic? Halloween?It made us laugh. =)

Shae said...

Hey Spencer, you can touch the fish, if you want to. I wish I was there, in the Uintas. Good to hear from you.

Shae J