Thursday, December 23, 2010

Traditions

Every year around Christmas time I make chocolate truffles.  I've been doing this since before Spencer and I were married, so it's been at least 7 years.  They're delicious, but it takes a lot of time and can be a little tedious.  That's why I only do it once a year. 

Here's the tedious part:


Each little truffle has to be spooned onto a cookie sheet, and then they have to be shaped into round balls.  After that, I dip half of them in a melted chocolate coating.


The other half get coated in chopped pecans.  I didn't get pictures of the pecan-coated truffles.  In total, there are about 75 delicious chocolaty truffles. 

From start to finish, these bad boys take a little over 3 hours to make.  Totally worth it though!

Another tradition that just started last year is taking a trip to Temple Square to see the lights with a couple of my old college friends.  We don't really look too closely at the lights, as we spend most of our time talking.  I did manage to get one picture of the lights.


The night is complete after a quick trip to the nearby Village Inn for some tasty hot cocoa.


I hope these and other traditions continue on for a long time to come.

No comments: