Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More on Moab

I think it's time for me (Spencer) to post a blog. We got a great video camera from Michael and Jessica, and I finally figured out how to use it. I really appreciate Celeste taking me to Moab for my birthday - it's like my own (humongous) back yard, and I love it all.

In the last post, Celeste put up some pictures of the 4x4 trail: Fins 'N Things. Here are a couple short videos that give an example of what we did - tons of fun!


It feels even steeper in the car, and the even front bumper almost touched the ground. That was by far the worst scrape of the day.


That one was like walking up a ladder - REALLY STEEP! There were some others, but if you want to go down with us, I'll do it again!

On my birthday (April 25th) we went on that beautiful hike up Negro Bill Canyon (can I say that?). Here is the short video:



Thanks again to Celeste for a great birthday present, to my parents for loaning us the tent trailer, and to Celeste's parents for giving us that sleeping bag. It was a great trip that we'll always remember. I'm ready to go again if there are any takers!

7 comments:

Michael Jolley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Jolley said...

Holy canoli! Those stairs were steep. Celeste was breathing pretty heavily once you made it to the top, she must have forgotten to breathe on the way up.

Michael Jolley said...

I had to delete the first comment because I made a slight grammatical error and Celeste would have peed her pants if she would have seen it.

Spencer and Celeste said...

Your so funny! Sence when do i cair about bad gramar erorrs? It don't matter to me if you make a misteak now and agein.

Will Thomas said...

Looks like the perfect b-day for you Spence! Good to see you in your element. Wish we were closer!

Harmony said...

oh man...i would have been freaking out the whole entire time!! but then again i complain when adam wants to do donuts in the snow

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Ok you guys are very brave. I love how Celeste said close my eyes and hold on...that sounds like me. Looks like a fun birthday and happy birhday Spencer!