Thursday, May 3, 2012

April Showers Bring May Babies

No, I haven't had the baby yet.  The title of this post is the title of the baby shower my ward friends threw for me and another girl in the ward.  Cute, right?  The ward shower was last Thursday, April 26th.  It was really fun, and I felt so spoiled.  I am in such a great ward!  My friend who shared the baby shower with me actually had her baby the day before the shower, so she only came for a little bit.  We got to see her cute little boy, and it made me more aware of how soon I will be holding my own little baby boy.

I don't have pictures from the ward shower, but I think someone took a few so if I get any I'll add them to this post.

I had my first baby shower a few weeks ago during General Conference weekend with my side of the family.


It was held at my Grandma's house just a couple of blocks away from me.  My mom and cousin-in-law Desi threw the shower and did a great job!  The food was delicious, and the company was even better.

Spencer's family threw me a shower on April 14th in Bluffdale.  


Just like the other two showers, I had a great time and got some amazing gifts.  Our baby is going to be one stylish little boy!

As of today (May 3rd) I am 39 weeks along.  I got a cold a few days ago and that has been annoying, but other than that I am feeling great!  I haven't had any heartburn and am still comfortable when I sleep (except for this annoying cold and having to blow my nose every 5 minutes).  I'm still going to my Baby Bump Body Pump pregnancy class twice a week at the gym, though I have to admit it is much more difficult to motivate myself to get there in the mornings.  The exercise has just been so beneficial though, I don't want to break this great habit by missing even one class.  I have just told myself I will go every time unless I am in labor.  No excuses!

I am feeling more and more ready for the birth, but if it takes a while longer I will just continue to enjoy these last days of pregnancy.  I'd really like to kick this cold before labor begins, and it seems like the last couple of days I have been getting over the cold a little at a time.  Hopefully a few more days and I'll be back to normal.

Now that I've gotten a couple of blog posts out of the way, I am even more ready to get going on this new adventure!  There are still a few loose ends I'd like to tie up.  I have been preparing the garden area for planting and want to get at least some seeds in the ground before the birth.  And the last couple of days I've had a desire to paint the cabinets in our master bathroom.  I'm just so sick of painting, I don't know if that's going to happen.  But I am feeling a lot more prepared overall than I was just a week ago.  Who knows, maybe my next post will be about the arrival of our little guy!

No comments: